Just when I thought cellphones would not *wow* me anymore, I got the chance to review the Nokia Lumia with some awesome features that made me think "Is this even possible?"
First, I was shocked to see a 41-megapixel PureView on the box. I thought it was a typo. But it was not! My DSLR and my digicam only has 20 megapixel the most! But 41? Wow!
What I love about Nokia phones is that you can do so much to it. And thanks to the people behind the development of this phone, you would not get bored tinkering all the features that it has!
This Nokia Lumia 1020 has the following features:
- 41-megapixel PureView camera
- Xenon flash with LED focus light
- 4.5-inch 1,280 x 768 pixel Super AMOLED display
- Windows Phone 8
- Dual-Core 1.5GHz Krait CPU, 2GB RAM
- Manufacturer: Nokia
I'm not writing to be too technical here. I want to write more about the experience. There are just many thinks you can do with this phone, especially with the camera and the camera settings, that 1 week is not enough for me to abuse the entirety of it!
When I say great, it would be great for anyone and everyone who loves to take photos - especially, the really techie ones! The camera's settings is highly adjustable, unlike others who only features filters and HDR mode. It is good for taking photos even at night!
Who likes using the flash on a camera? Not a lot! But we don't have any choice for parties. Nokia 1020 is good even in taking photos at night that you won't even need the flash as much as possible. But when you need t use the flash, it has a reliable Xenon flash.
You can check out a detailed description and photo examples from theguardian.com.
To sum it all up, here are my pros and cons.
- Great camera
- Slim design for a phone with powerful features
- Can download office client for it
- Can buy camera grip with additional 1020mAh for more battery life and camera shots
- No lag
- Might not be too affordable, but the features justify the price
- Windows Phone 8 - android or iOS users might not be used to it and need more time exploring funtions
- No expandable memory